Monday, January 30, 2012

Case Study Challenge #75





 Hi all!  Today I'm entering a challenge over at Case Study Challenge Blog  with another handmade greeting card.  This card was inspired by one created by Debbie Hughes, one of their design team members.  I was drawn to the colors she chose for her card, and I liked the way she used the ribbon.  I also loved the special edging she added to her sentiment.

For my card I chose a base of pink card stock,  I dry embossed a panel with flowers using my big shot and one of my cuttlebug folders.  To this panel I added mint satin ribbon strips, a pink fabric flower with an adhesive gem center and a bit of a bow in dark green ribbon.  A 'congratulations' sentiment printed from my computer in dark green on white card stock was layered onto a piece of pink to match the card base.  I affixed the sentiment with dimensional adhesive to the panel and then affixed the panel to the base once again using dimensional adhesive. The right inside of the card has a white paper liner for a personal message
.



Des, my grand-daughter and crafting buddy made her own version of this card.  Check out my next post to see what this crafty little 8 year old came up with. 

Happy crafting!
Reny

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome! I love the soft look and that pretty big flower! Gorgeous!
    Hugs
    - Maria

    ReplyDelete
  2. such pretty colours for sure! LOVE the embossed panel :) Thanks for playing with us over on CASE Study :)

    ReplyDelete

I always welcome comments. Please keep it clean.