Pages

Sunday, February 12, 2012

COLOR CHALLENGE!

I love the color challenges. This card is inspired by the colors in this photo from The Play Date Cafe.  Very bold and bright!




I gave this some thought and decided I wanted to try something more of a masculine theme, as the colors just lend themselves perfectly to that. One of the design team members used a cute little car on her card and that gave me some additional inspiration. I pulled out my brightest blues and golds and some awesome old car stamps and got to work.  I stamped the old model T truck in dark blue onto some lighter blue cardstock and cut it out.  I did the same with the old time clock in the upper corner using gold cardstock for the base and placing a brad in the center.  My pretty striped paper made the perfect 'road' and some gold border punched cardstock gave the appearance of a 'fence'.  The sentiment is stamped from the same set of stamps and works perfectly for what I had in mind.  Pop dots give the elements some dimension.  


3 comments:

  1. Oooo, I like how you turned these colors to a masculine card! And also how you were inspired by a DT member. :) That would make Ruby very happy, indeed.

    Thanks so much for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card Reny, especially your little fence idea! I'm glad my car gave you a kick start, this is great! Thanks so much for joining in the fun with us over at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so great to have you play along with us and it's always so nice to know that our designers inspire : ) Great to have you in The Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

I always welcome comments. Please keep it clean.