Pages

Saturday, March 10, 2012

How Do You Keep Organized????

OK friends,  I'm in need of some advice.  How in the world do all of you keep your supplies organized?  When I look at other posts and card designs I see that many of you list the 'recipe' for your creations.  My stash is such a jumble of stuff that I don't know what came from where or who manufactured what.  


I'm trying to pay more attention to those things, but don't know where to begin.  Any advice?  There must be some kind of system that people use to keep things straight.  I would just love to know what it is so I can try to implement it.


Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Happy Crafting!
Reny


2 comments:

  1. Hi Reny! Not sure I can be of much help to you with this, but I'll tell you what I do for the sake of "recipe" listings: As soon as I finish a card, I write on a sticky note everything I used. Card stock colors, patterned paper, embellishments, which set a stamp was from, ink, etc. Then I put the note either on the back of it or in the inside, so that when I do post it (or if I keep it in my stash for possible magazine submission) I won't have to try to figure it all out later.
    Now as far as knowing what everything is to begin with, well... pretty much everything I own has a manufacturer's label on it. With the exception of some loose ribbon which I will just list as "from my stash" or maybe some vintage buttons which I will list as "vintage buttons" ;-)
    Hope some of this is helpful; it will be fun to see what others have to contribute to this topic. Thanks for getting it started! Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah. That is a great idea. I will definitely use it. Now to figure out where my papers and stamps are from. Some were given to me and have no identifying marks on them. But anything new will be noted for future recipes.

    ReplyDelete

I always welcome comments. Please keep it clean.