Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Color Challenge...


I love a good color challenge  and The Play Date Cafe always has one that can get my creative juices flowing.   For this project I started with the avocado green card base.  I affixed a light blue panel to the front and cut out some fun flourishes in the green with my silhouette.  I glued the flourishes to the blue panel and die cut a matching butterfly which I also embossed with flourishes using my Big Shot and a cuttlebug embossing folder.  Next I dug out my nestabilities label 1dies and  some grey cardstock and cut a sweet little shape to build upon. The edges of the shape I inked with SU Always Artichoke ink.   I punched out some paper flowers with a 'Picture Punch' and added green pearls for the centers.  I also added green pearls for the body of the butterfly.  I glued the flowers to the grey die cut and added a blue chiffon ribbon and attached this to the card with dimensional adhesives. The sentiment is stamped on grey cardstock with edges inked with the SU Artichoke and attached with dimensional adhesives.

Here is their lovely color story for this challenge.






And here is my interpretation of it.




I also want to enter this card into The ABC Design Team anything goes challenge.

Thanks for visiting my blog and I hope you have a great Easter holiday!
Reny

5 comments:

  1. Lovely Easter card...I'd love for you to link up with me at 52 Card Pickup this week.

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/04/52-card-pickup-week-14-giveaway-winner.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Get Well card!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ABC Toys & Crafts DT Challenge this month!!
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty card! I love the soft colors and the embossing on the butterfly. Lovely! Thanks so much for joining us for the ABC DT challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card. I love your use our colours, really lovely! Thanks so much for joining us over at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is ever so elegant and absolutely gorgeous, Reny! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete

I always welcome comments. Please keep it clean.