Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

A Fun Butterfly...

This must be my week for trying something different.  I'm not sure just how I came up with this color combination, but I do know where I got the design inspiration.  Tuesday Morning Sketches offered this awesome sketch this week.





This is the card I made.

 I chose cream cardstock and applied a panel of diamond printed  paper in rose and burgundy.  For the diagonal spaced rectangles I  used squares of burgundy paper with some vintage style print on them and layered them on cream panels with burgundy inked edges using SU Bravo Burgundy.  For the circle I used a cream paper doily cut with my silhouette and topped it with a scalloped circle also cut with my silhouette.  I inked the edges of the scalloped circle with SU Rose Royal ink and decided it needed to be a bit darker so I added Bravo Burgundy as well.  I really like the duel colors edging this circle!   For the butterfly I used a Studio112 clear mini stamp and SU Rose Royal ink.  I colored the butterfly wings with my colored pencils and blended it with my prisma blender pen.  The body of the butterfly is colored in with plain old black marker.  I them stamped a bit of foliage around the perimeter of the circle with SU  Always Artichoke ink and a rubber stamp from my stash.  The circle and the sentiment are adhered with foam dimensional adhesives.


I  am entering this card into:

Tuesday Morning Sketches #140
Flutterby Wednesday #197
ABC Design Team anything goes

Thanks for visiting my blog and I hope you have a great Easter holiday!
Reny

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic color combination, Reny. So glad you tried something new because those colors are great together. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card, Reny. Great stamps, and the doily looks fantastic with the diamond bg. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely...the colors are wonderful! Thank you for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely lovely! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reny, your card is fabulous. I love the argyle pattern. Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Reny! This is a beautiful card with wonderful use of the layout. The colors you chose are lovely. Great job! Thanks so much for joining us for the ABC DT challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I always welcome comments. Please keep it clean.