Pages

Thursday, April 5, 2012

New Sketch Challenge...

Freshly Made Sketches is a new blog I am following, and they have a great sketch this week.  This will be the first challenge I have entered with them and it was a bit of a challenge to keep clean, crisp lines and to minimize or delete the clutter of embellishments that I like to use.  Well, I didn't make my card as clean as the Freshly Made design team, but I gave it a try. 



Here is their sketch.




I started with craft cardstock and layered it with some of my pretty papers.  I couldn't resist just one spot of scalloped lace edging which I punched with my Martha Stewart edge punch.  I also couldn't resist sticking some pearls along the scallops as this approach was so pretty in one of the teams (Cindy's) designs.  I punched the flower out with my Picture Punch and layered it adding a green pearl for the center.  The vines on the sentiment card are done in SU Always Artichoke ink and the sentiment is from Our Daily Bread Designs stamps which I received just today.

Here is the card I made.



I would also like to enter this into The ABC Design Team anything goes challenge.

Thanks for visiting my blog and have a great Easter holiday!
Reny

5 comments:

  1. Yes keeping it clean and simple is also a challenge for me. I like your card and I also enjoy freshly made sketches. It gets easier with time, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, Reny! I love the paper on the side panel and your sentiment is lovely. So glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches...looking forward to seeing you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ABC Toys & Crafts DT Challenge this month!!
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you found us and played along this week. I love your beautiful card. The pearls are just the perfect embellishment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi again Reny! Wow- you are really on a roll with beautiful cards lately :-) This one is no exception- you have taken a sketch and done beautiful things with it. Your color choices are gorgeous and I love your details like the pearls and punching. I absolutely love the sentiment..... I am going to have to hop on over the ODBD to check that stamp out myself. Thanks so much for enabling me ;-) ANd thanks for joining us again with another great submission for the ABC DT challenge!

    ReplyDelete

I always welcome comments. Please keep it clean.