Monday, April 23, 2012

Go Green!

The challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs this week instructs us to use 'green' either as in color or as in recycled or re purposed.  I am trying some new techniques this week and this is one of the cards I made.  The green is in the nature element of a bird on a branch and also in the background paper which is a re-purposed page from an old song book.  I distress inked it before attaching to the card base, a new technique for me.  The sentiment is from ODBD Scripture Series 1.(It's one of the things I got with the gift certificate I won.) Have I said that I absolutely adore these stamps?!  The stamped images are so sharp and clear!  I attached the sentiment with a couple of brads.  I think it will make a nice generic card for a guy.

I may have been a little heavy handed on the ink distressing, but I expect to improve with practice.  I also intend to look into some Distress Inks.  So far I've just been using what I have on hand.  I'm sure that distress inks will give a more even look.
I am entering this card into the Our Daily Bread Designs 'go green' challenge and the Cute Card Thursday 'metallica' challenge.

Thanks for visiting my blog and have a great week!
Reny

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Reny!! Love the background, the bird and all the distressing!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light, Going Green Challenge!
    blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

I always welcome comments. Please keep it clean.