Pages

Monday, April 23, 2012

Go Green!

The challenge at Our Daily Bread Designs this week instructs us to use 'green' either as in color or as in recycled or re purposed.  I am trying some new techniques this week and this is one of the cards I made.  The green is in the nature element of a bird on a branch and also in the background paper which is a re-purposed page from an old song book.  I distress inked it before attaching to the card base, a new technique for me.  The sentiment is from ODBD Scripture Series 1.(It's one of the things I got with the gift certificate I won.) Have I said that I absolutely adore these stamps?!  The stamped images are so sharp and clear!  I attached the sentiment with a couple of brads.  I think it will make a nice generic card for a guy.

I may have been a little heavy handed on the ink distressing, but I expect to improve with practice.  I also intend to look into some Distress Inks.  So far I've just been using what I have on hand.  I'm sure that distress inks will give a more even look.
I am entering this card into the Our Daily Bread Designs 'go green' challenge and the Cute Card Thursday 'metallica' challenge.

Thanks for visiting my blog and have a great week!
Reny

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Reny!! Love the background, the bird and all the distressing!! Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light, Going Green Challenge!
    blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete

I always welcome comments. Please keep it clean.