Pages

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Courting Caleb...

I must say that I have a growing appreciation for Digi Darla's stamps.  They are cute, easy to work with and she gives some of them away free.  This is one of the free digi's.  I wanted to try out some digital stamps to see if I could get the hang of downloading, printing and coloring them.  I'm finding that it's not that difficult.

I like this little guy.  He's a bit bashful looking, don't you think?  But he has his bouquet and he's off to see his girl even if it is raining.  I'm entering this little guy in the Simon Says challenge, 'April Showers Bring Spring Flowers' and ABC Design Team challenge 'anything goes'.

I used plain white card stock for the base of the card and layered on some navy blue which I dry embossed using my Big Shot and a Cuttlebug embossing folder.  I then layered a sky blue marbled paper on to a deep red card stock panel.  Using a silver gel pen I drew on my rendition of raindrops.  I added some red grosgrain ribbon and 3 gold tone brads.  I cut the prongs off the brads and just glued them on with tacky glue to cut down on some of the bulk.  I glued a swirly paper clip to the top right corner to hold the sentiment. It just says 'Hi' cause he doesn't know what else to say.   Last, but not least, I added my love sick little guy standing on a grassy knoll in a bed of flowers.

Thanks for visiting my blog and have a great week!
Reny

4 comments:

  1. Super cute! Your coloring is awesome and the embossing folder you chose for the background is perfect! btw- thanks so much for stopping by my blog, Reny- I really do hope you will check out the SYC challenge!! Oh, and I just saw that you won a GC from ODBD! How wonderful- big congrats to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute is that Reny- so glad you joined the ABC DT challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey Reny, the winners are in the post before the one that is up now. Scroll down to the bottomof the post and over to the right it will read olderpostsclick that and it will take you to the post withthe winners. hth.

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute card!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at the ABC Toys and Crafts DT Challenge this month!!
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

I always welcome comments. Please keep it clean.