Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

I Love Sketch Challenges!

I love the challenge of sketches!  I get endless inspiration from some awesome designers on the teams of the sketch challenges I participate in.  It's such fun to take a sketch and then work on pulling together different colors, papers and embellishments to create something pretty.  Tuesday Morning Sketches is offering a fabulous sketch this week with lots of shapes and layers.  I pulled out my 'Rosewood' pattern pack and started laying out different patterns and colors until I found the look that felt right to me.   Sadly, I'm always in need of sympathy cards, so I added a sympathy sentiment to this one.  I chose some bronze colored pearls to stick on and added a butterfly punched from my Martha Stewart Monarch butterfly punch.  I really like the way it turned out.  Hope you enjoy it also.

I am entering this card into the following challenges.
Tuesday Morning Sketches #142
ABC DT 'anything goes'


Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great week!
Reny

6 comments:

  1. Lovely combination of papers, Reny. I can see it took a lot of time to get papers that look so well together. Thanks for sharing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely combination of papers, such a pretty sympathy card. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Reny! Love the colors and the elegant simplicity of your card. Just beautiful! Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Reny, I think your card is simply gorgeous. Beautifully done. Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Reny! Love this card... all the layers with their different colors and patterns are awesome! Thanks so much for playing along with us again at ABC Toys & Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely Card...love all the layers!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at ABC Toys & Crafts DT Challenge this month!!
    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

I always welcome comments. Please keep it clean.