Pages

Saturday, April 14, 2012

A Cute Girl....





Hello friends!
 Today's project is a card made to meet the criteria of several challenges.  I started with an adorable digital image which I colored with my colored pencils.  I'm still working on my coloring skills, but I think I'm making a little progress.  I mounted the image on several different colors of cardstock and added a lace border punched with my Martha Stewart border punch. The butterflies and tiny red flowers are punched and mounted and I added a lot of bling in the form of tiny stick on gems.  A button and bow border across the bottom finished the look I was after.
Here is the sketch I used for inspiration from Tuesday Morning Sketches.


                                                    

The flower inspiration came from Little Scrap Pieces and Cute Card Thursday and the button and bow inspiration came from Dutch Dare.  The image is a freebie from Digi Darla's' and isn't she cute?!  I am just learning to work with digital images and I think I am going to love it!

Here is the card I made.
I am entering this card into the following challenges.

Tuesday Morning Sketches #141  'Think Spring'
Little Scrap Pieces 'Use a Flower'
Cute Card Thursday Challenge #212 'Spring Flowers'
Dutch Dare Card Challenges #160  'Buttons and Bows'
Digi Darla Challenges #7  'Festive Flowers'
Flutterby Wednesday #198  'Birthday Card
Simon Says Stamp Challenge  'April Showers bring Spring Flowers'
ABC Design Team challenge 'anything goes;


Thanks for visiting my blog and have a great week-end!!
Reny

13 comments:

  1. Lovely card. I love the way you colored her. Thanks for taking part in Digi Darla's Festive Flowers Challenge

    Chris
    DD-DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Digi's ARE fun, aren't they? This is a cute one. Love all the bright colors and your take on the sketch is fab! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable!! Love the colors and flowers are beautiful!!! Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's Festive Flower Challenge!!!
    LisaO DD-DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you did fabulous on coloring her! Your card is gorgeous and I love all the colors. Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card, Reny. Love the flower in her hair and those butterflies! Thanks for sharing with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cute image and I love the bright bold colors. Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Reny thanks so much for joining my challenge this week with your fantastic card. The primary colors are so vibrant great choices for your adorable sassy girl the flower in her hair is the perfect accent. Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so cute! I love your coloring and all of your added touches. Thanks for playing with us at Dutch Dare Card Challenge.
    Hugs
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very sweet card! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Reny, so very cute. Love the colors!! Thanks for joining us this past week at Tuesday Morning Sketches. I hope you'll play along this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really cute and I love those vibrant colours. I particularly love the added border punch. Thanks for playing at Dutch Dare Card Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back thursday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I should say so! Your coloring is awesome on your cute digi! Thanks for joining us at Digi Darla's.

    ReplyDelete
  13. She's super cute! Thank you for playing along at the ABC challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete

I always welcome comments. Please keep it clean.